Sunday, June 1, 2014

What I've been thinking about recently

I am living with my parents, and I want to move out. I really do. I don't hate them, and, honestly, I love them a lot, we are really close, and this isn't a dysfunctional family. But I do need my personal space, and in my situation, where I won't go into the details, I really do need to move out. As the person I am, I really do dread doing the same job all of the time. 
    I am weird when it comes to keeping at the same thing. Of course I can do that if the attention is put on it as not always, but every once in awhile. I've been in Band, Choir and, NJROTC, and Culinary Arts.
 Band: 5 years [Middle School which is 6-8  to Sophomore year of high school]
 Culinary: 2 1/2 years [Foods at LHS, and Culinary 1 and 2  at EHS] 
 Choir: 2 years [EHS]
 NJROTC: 2 years [LHS]
All in which, are a big commitment, but at the same time, pretty passive for me because I enjoy them quite a lot, and they have been classes, so I go to them no matter what. If they were sports, or a club, they would get in the way ALL of the time. Whereas, Band was a big commitment in the first half of those years because of marching band and the two concerts we had and I'm a percussionist. And NJROTC [Naval Junior ROTC] had a lot of uniform inspections, and every other week PT where you had to dress down in a specific outfit. But, all in all, these are mostly passive things for me to do. I can do them with little difficulty, and they are so entertaining to me that, why wouldn't I want to continue? There are not too many negatives with these classes and they taught me a lot of life skills, like cooking, getting a project done by a plan, practicing, being on time, looking nice and professional, self discipline. Whereas I can't say the same about sports and after school clubs, or leadership [The top kids of the school putting on the pep assemblies and whatnot]. 

Anyhow, back to the point. I've decided, that I'm more than likely to go look for temp jobs regarding the computer. I'm pretty good at this. I can use all of the Microsoft programs, and most of the adobe programs. I can learn how to use a program through tutorials, and just exploring a program on my own. I can also type without looking at the keyboard almost fully accurately. My grammar and spelling is very good, and my word choice varies on the situation. I also can type at upwards of 60 WPM and I have never taken a typing class, which means, if I want to improve my speed, I can most likely, do so. 

I'm still not to my finishing point, but to truly understand my reasoning behind all of this, you have to get to know me, and my antics. Anyhow, I decided because I'm young, and I don't have anything holding me down as far as debts, children, housing, that I can do what I want. I've decided it'd be best for me to rent a monthly apartment and take temp jobs. Temp jobs are also the best way to get hired in some place as a keeper, and as an asset to a company [without college or with minimal college]. 

Again, not to my finishing point, ha, ha. Well, i'll end it here. The reason for my wanting a temp job, and a monthly rent apartment, is that I want to be the best I can be. I want to travel the world. I want to bike everywhere. Its literally one of my favorite things to do. If I can see the world cheaply, then I will. Sooner or later my area will have over 60 miles of a bike trail replacing the railroad tracks. From Enumclaw, Washington to Bothell, WA. I have decided that the summer they actually have that made, I will take a week off to travel it. I will have savings of over 1000 dollars and spend minimally. I will take a tent, and lots of water [about 3 gallons] and rest every two hours. I will have a map and destinations for the next camp ground. And if there isn't a camp ground in a good vicinity of  what I can bike, I will merely cough up sixty dollars to stay in a lower end motel. I also want to bike everywhere. I want to see the states before I lose my opportunity. I want to be healthy, and active, but with a lot of enjoyment, not with the boring aspect of running or walking or just lifting weights by myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment